Are you visiting the North Sea Canal area? Then contribute to the safety of the ports and its users and comply with the following laws and regulations:
- Shipping Traffic Act
- Compulsory Pilotage
- Port Bye-laws
- Operational Areas of Berths
- Use of the waterway and the North Sea Locks at IJmuiden
- Public Health Act
- ISPS code and the Port Security Act
- Dutch Prevention of Pollution from Ships Act and Port Waste Plan North Sea Canal Area
- Ballast water convention
Port Security Level
The current Port Security level for the ports in the Amsterdam-North Sea Canal area is: LEVEL 1
"We work hard for clean shipping. That's incredibly important to us." - Milembe Mateyo, Harbour master
Keen to learn more about this? Read all about it in our Vision of Clean Shipping.
MyPort: platform for services and tools
MyPort is the place where (ultimately) all online services and tools for customers and other relations of Port of Amsterdam run. Convenient in one central place, with one login. The tools that are already there are:
- Arrivals for arrival and departure times of vessels
- Lock Schedule for lock planning
- Applications for making applications, notifications, and exemptions
- HAP ships for vessels in the port that fall under the Port Waste Plan
- Statement Inner harbour dues for submissions of statements
- Portle for finding a company in the port of Amsterdam
Type of shipping
For a smooth and safe visit to the Amsterdam port there is more information per type of shipping. What applies to you?
Your visit to Amsterdam is a collaboration between captain, agent, service providers, and the harbour master. See what you need to visit the port.
You're visiting Amsterdam on a barge. View all information, such as available berths and facilities, and things you can arrange yourself directly.
Are you transporting (more than 12) passengers for a fee? Then you fall under passenger shipping. Each type of passenger shipping has its own facilities and amenities. Choose what applies to you.
Are you considering visiting Amsterdam with a superyacht? View all information for superyachts, such as berths and facilities. We'd like to welcome you to Amsterdam.