Would you like to visit Amsterdam with your ship or craft? Then you're welcome. Amsterdam is an international port where ship movements are constantly increasing. It is therefore essential that your visit is smooth, safe and as sustainable as possible. Our Harbour Master Division takes care of this. With you.
Are you visiting the North Sea Canal area? Then contribute to the safety of the ports and its users and comply with laws and regulations. These are:
- Shipping Traffic Act (Scheepvaartverkeerswet)
- Compulsory Pilotage Decree (Loodsplichtbesluit)
- Port Bye-laws
- Operational Areas of Berths
- Use of the waterway and the North Sea Locks at IJmuiden
- Public Health Act (Wet Publieke Gezondheid)
- ISPS-code and the Port Security Act
- Dutch Prevention of Pollution from Ships Act and Port Waste Plan North Sea Canal Area
- Ballast water convention
Want to know more? Go to regulations
Port Security Level
The current Port Security level for the ports in the Amsterdam-North Sea Canal area is: LEVEL 1
MyPort: platform for services and tools
MyPort is the place where (ultimately) all online services and tools for customers and other relations of Port of Amsterdam run. Convenient in one central place, with one login. The tools that are already there, are:
- Arrivals for arrival and departure times of vessels
- Lock Schedule for lock planning
- Applications for making applications, notifications and exemptions
- HAP ships for vessels in the port that fall under the Port Waste Plan
- Statement Inner harbour dues for submission of statement
- Portle for finding a company in the port of Amsterdam
Do you want to know more about MyPort? More about MyPort
Type of shipping
For a smooth and safe visit to the Amsterdam port there is more information per type of shipping. What applies to you?
Your visit to Amsterdam is a collaboration between captain, agent, service providers and the harbour master. See what you need to visit the port.
You're visiting Amsterdam on a barge. View all information, such as available berths and facilities, and things you can directly arrange yourself.
Are you considering a visit to Amsterdam with a superyacht? View all information for superyachts, such as berths and facilities. We'd like to welcome you to Amsterdam.
Are you visiting Amsterdam for your pleasure with a boat? Then prepare yourself well and know the rules. We wish you a safe and pleasant visit.
This past Saturday, the ms Vanquish of multimodal logistics company Samskip was welcomed at TMA Logistics in the port of Amsterdam. This reception marked the start of a new container liner service between the Scottish port of Grangemouth (owned by Forth Ports) and Amsterdam.
Alma Prins was appointed head of the new Cargo & Offshore cluster as of 1 November.
Port of Amsterdam is continuously improving its facilities and services. From 1 September 2020, barges with trackers will have the privilege of berthing in specially designated mooring areas.
Transhipment in the seaports in the North Sea Canal region fell by 10.7% to 48.7 million tonnes in the first six months of this year. The impact of the global corona virus crisis on the transhipment figures is clear.