A ban on entering applies for the following port basins: Mercuriushaven, Coenhaven, Jan van Riebeeckhaven, Westhaven, Amerikahaven, Afrikahaven.
- Loading, unloading and waiting for a berth.
- Bunker ships, service vessels, dredgers and work ships that are working on the port infrastructure.
- Tow boats and the vessels of boatmen, in as far as they assist an incoming or departing ship.
- A ship that is employed by a legal public entity or is carrying out work commissioned by an entity governed by public law.
In all other cases, permission is required. Please request permission with this form.
How to request
1. Please submit the form at least 72 hours in advance. (Is this is not possible in the given time frame?)
Please call us at 0031 20 5234 600, press choice 1 and 3 and together, we can consider your options.
2. We would like to receive and process your request as soon as possible.
See below for the relevant legal section from the Port Bye-laws
If you want to read the whole text, click here: Regional Port Bye-laws for the Noordzeekanaalgebied 2012.PDF
Article 3.8 The designation of dock basins with an entry prohibition
1. The Municipal Executive may designate dock basins where a prohibition is in force to enter the dock basin or to be in the dock basin.
2. It is prohibited to enter or to be in the dock basins referred to in the first paragraph, unless this concerns:
a. a ship that must load, unload or lay-by for a berth as defined in Article 3.2, paragraph 1;
b. a seagoing passenger ship or a river cruise vessel that is proceeding directly and without interruption to a designated berth;
c. a pleasure craft or sailing vessel that is proceeding directly and without interruption to a marina or shipyard situated in the dock basin, or a waterway connected to the dock basin that is open to these vessels, or to a berth intended for these vessels;
d. a service vessel;
e. a bunker vessel;
f. a vessel that is in the service of a public corporation or is carrying out activities by order of a public body;
g. a ship whose presence in the dock basin is necessary in connection with the arrival, stay or departure of a ship as referred to in part a or b,for the purposes of shipping operations;
h. a workboat whose presence in the dock basin is necessary in connection with the new construction or maintenance works to the port infrastructure; or
i. a ship which carries out dredging operations.
3. It is prohibited for a ship which is only propelled by sails to sail in to a dock basin.
4. The Municipal Executive may grant an exemption or general exemption to the prohibitions set forth in the second and third paragraph.
Do you need our assistance?
Harbour Master Division - Port Office Department
Please call us at 00 31 20 5234 600 and press choice 1 and 3
We are available Monday through Friday from 09.00 – 17.00 hours
Or please e-mail us at email@example.com