Renewable energy and renewable raw materials are the essential pillars for a new energy and industrial system to be built. In order to remain an energy port in the future, we are looking for new cargo flows and ways to generate sustainable energy. We do this together with the energy customers in the port and with other partners.
Our role in the energy transition
Port of Amsterdam reserves space for and invests in infrastructure and partnerships with customers, start-ups and partners. We do this in order to continue to be a sustainable international energy hub in the future. We do this along three pillars:
- scaling up sustainable energy production and storage;
- attracting and facilitating the production of renewable fuels and circular raw materials;
- developing the infrastructure necessary for the sustainable transition.
In addition, we also contribute to the Climate Table North Sea Canal Area.
Energy transition in the port of Amsterdam
Several projects are running along the three pillars in the Amsterdam port in order to realise the Energy Transition. A few examples:
Scaling up sustainable energy production and storage
Attract and facilitate the production of renewable fuels and circular raw materials
- Expand biodiesel production
- Bio Energy Netherlands office
- 100MW electrolyser at Tata
Developing the infrastructure necessary for the sustainable transition
Direct contact with our expert
For wishes, questions or more information about energy transition.