Experience the port
Experiencing the port yourself is a special experience. Viewing live images, cycling or a tour in the port area. It's all possible. What do you choose?
Live footage of the IJ near Amsterdam Central Station
Live footage of the IJ near IJmuiden
Cycling or sailing in the port of Amsterdam
Cycling in the port
There are four cycle routes at different locations in the port and with different distances. Each route has info points where connoisseurs can show you videos about shipping, nature and the history of the port. The four routes are:
- Stadhaven route - 5 kilometres
- Hemhaven route - 15 kilometres
- West harbour route - 16 kilometres
- Ruigoord route - 18 kilometres
Would you like to know more about the cycle routes in the harbour?
The Port of Amsterdam harbour tour takes you to places that are normally only accessible for commercial shipping. Reviews from visitors:
- "A very pleasant afternoon with lots of info and a totally new perspective on Amsterdam."
- "Great guide! Fascinating, to the end. Listened full of concentration to interesting information. Learned a lot!"
- "The port of Amsterdam from the water! You don't see that very often."
Would you like to know more or book a harbour cruise?
Drone video of the construction of the largest sea lock in the world
A new large sea lock is being constructed at the entrance of the North Sea Canal at IJmuiden that will provide access to the Amsterdam port region.
New drone pictures monitoring the progress of the construction of the new sea lock from the air are made every three months. Have a look at the drone pictures made in the second quarter of 2020.
Would you like to know more about the construction of the new sea lock?