1. Harbour dues
You must pay harbour dues if, after having passed through the IJmuiden locks, your ship is berthed in the Amsterdam port area.
- The harbour dues are invoiced on the basis of your data in the Port Community System (PCS).
- Please submit your Statement Harbour Dues through PCS.
For tariffs and harbour dues for sea cruise ships visit the page harbour dues and tariffs sea cruise.
You must pay IJ-palen dues if your ship is being lightered at the IJ-palen (IJmuiden lightering facility).
- These dues will also be invoiced on the basis of your data in PCS.
- In addition to this, you are requested to send the transhipment statement by email to email@example.com.
If you use a public berth, you also pay dues for the use of quays, buoys or dolphins.
2. Discount, reward and exemption
The following discounts and rewards on the harbour dues are available:
The Green Award
The Environmental Ship index
Has your ship been registered in the Environmental Ship Index (ESI)? And has your ship achieved an ESI score of 25 points or higher? In that case, you will automatically and directly be given a discount on your harbour dues invoice.
Discount for approved liner services
Quantity discount for agri bulk cargoes
Do you regularly visit our port with ships that are loaded for more than 50% with agri bulk cargoes? If so, you may be eligible for a quantity discount. Please consult our General Terms and Conditions and List of rates to see if this is the case. Should you have any questions, please contact:
There are various exemptions from harbour dues. Please apply for an exemption through PCS. Exemptions may be granted for sea training ships, navy ships or for a cruise ship making its maiden call to the port.
3. Waste and waste delivery entitlement
4. Nautical services
5. Day Tourist Tax for cruiseship passengers
For transit cruise passengers arriving within the municipal boundaries of Amsterdam, daily tourist tax of € 8 per passenger (per 24 hours or part thereof) must be paid. This is separate from port fees. The declaration is made via Easydock.