Having regard to the Dutch Regulations on Shipping in Territorial Waters, article 17, paragraph 1 and paragraph 2, the Director of the Public Body Central Nautical Management, on behalf of the Director-General for Public Works and Water Management (Rijkswaterstaat), announces the following:
Admission Policy IJ-geul Deep Water Channel
In order to be admitted to the IJ-geul Deep Water Channel, ships have to comply with the following requirements:
- Ships with destination IJmuiden having a seawater draught of more than 14.10 metres up to a maximum of 17.80 metres are channel bound and have to use the IJ-geul Deep Water Channel;
- Channel bound ships for the IJ-geul wishing or having to anchor, must use anchorages A, B, and C in the Deep Water Anchorage area No. 6;
- Channel bound ships for the IJ-geul have to wait for embarkation of the pilot in the IJ-geul Approach Area, west of the IJmuiden Crossing Precautionary Area;
- Channel bound ships for the IJ-geul may only pass through the IJ-geul Deep Water Channel with the help of the tidal window advice as required by the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment;
- This tidal window advice is issued by the Central Nautical Management.
Channel bound ships for the IJ-geul are only admitted if they have applied for and received a tidal window advice. Apart from the administrative ship's details, the following up-to-date ship's stability details have to be submitted for the purpose of the tidal window advice programme:
- Displacement (in metric tons) corresponding with the current draught;
- Metacentric height GM (in metres);
- Correction for free surface effect GG' (in metres);
- Rolling period (in seconds).
Admission Policy IJmuiden Deep Water Berths
The following maximum ship dimensions apply for obtaining a berth at IJmuiden:
- IJmuiden Lightering Facility (IJ-palen): Maximum ship dimensions: Length 310 metres or less; Beam (according to the international tonnage certificate) 45 metres or less; Draught in seawater 17.80 metres or less.
- BuKa2W: The maximum seawater draught allowed at this berth is 16.90 metres or less.
- BuKa2O: The maximum seawater draught allowed at this berth is 14.70 metres or less.
Announcement No. 03a/2015 is cancelled.
Should you have any questions about this Announcement, please contact Mr H.L. Anker by telephone at number +316 5383 0209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of the Public Body Central Nautical Management,
Who is also the State Harbour Master,
M.F. van de Kerkhof
18 April 2017