The Director of the Public Body Central Nautical Management North Sea Canal Area announces the following:
Having regard to:
- Article 3.14 of the Regional Port Bye-laws for the North Sea Canal Area 2019 (renewal or refusal of the accreditation of a boatmen's organisation);
- On the basis of the Mandate Decree of 3 December 2019 (published in the Municipal Gazette 2020-7080), the Director of the Public Body Central Nautical Management North Sea Canal Area is mandated by the Mayor and Alderman of Amsterdam to adopt Decrees on the ground of the Regional Port Bye-laws for the North Sea Canal Area 2019.
Having considered that:
- The application submitted by Mr M. Emmelot on behalf of the “Coöperatieve Vereniging van Vletterlieden (C.V.V) W.A.” (the applicant) in connection with the change of legal form to a V.O.F. (a commercial partnership).
- The Mayor and Aldermen and, being mandated, the Director of the Central Nautical Management North Sea Canal Area, are authorised to accredit boatmen's organisations;
- The organizational structure of the boatmen's organisation remains unaltered; the change of legal form relates solely to the members of the “Vletterlieden”.
- “Corps van Vletterlieden V.O.F.” will be accredited for an indefinite period of time and for the entire North Sea Canal Area, consisting of the municipalities of Amsterdam, Beverwijk, Velsen and Zaandam.
- Boatmen's organisations are important to ensure that boatmen are well-qualified.
Has decreed the following:
I. “Corps van Vletterlieden V.O.F.”, the registered office of which is located at Zuidersluisweg 5, 1975 AK IJmuiden, listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 76021173, will be accredited as a boatmen's organisation within the meaning of article 3.14 of the Regional Port Bye-laws for the North Sea Canal Area 2019.
II. The applicant is obliged to meet the requirements laid down in article 3.15 (Requirements for accreditation of a boatmen’s organisation) and article 3.16 (Profession and obligations of the boatman) of the Regional Port Bye-laws for the North Sea Canal Area 2019.
III. Each year in the month of January, the applicant must submit a membership overview of his boatmen's organisation to the Director of the CNB, stating the information as referred to in article 3.15 of the Regional Port Bye-Laws for the North Sea Canal Area 2019.
IV. The applicant must also submit an overview of his ship database, stating the number(s) of the Inspection Certificate(s) or submitting the Certificate(s) of Seaworthiness.
V. The application is part of this accreditation.
VI. Decree No. 081/RHN/2012: Accreditation of “Coöperatieve vereniging van Vletterlieden W.A.” in the context of the Regional Port Bye-laws for the North Sea Canal Area 2012 and the Port Regulations for the North Sea Canal Area 2012 will be cancelled on the day of publication.
VII. The Decree will be published in the form of an Announcement to Shipping on Port of Amsterdam's website https://www.portofamsterdam.com and enters into force the day after its publication.
On behalf of the Mayor and Aldermen of Amsterdam, Zaanstad, Beverwijk and Velsen.
The Director of the Central Nautical Management North Sea Canal Area , who is also the State Harbour Master,