As a Port official at Port of Amsterdam you are responsible for keeping the waterways in the Amsterdam port area safe and navigable. In this role you carry out various tasks. For example, you sail on the patrol vessel and supervise the use of the waterways. You will also carry out inland shipping inspections..[read more]
The main reasons for joining us
We work on themes that matter: energy transition, the circular economy, clean shipping and digitalisation. In this way, we are taking the lead in making the Amsterdam port and region more sustainable. And you can help us with this.
In addition to a good salary, we offer a number of attractive secondary conditions. For example:
- Flexible working hours
- Year-end bonus
- Personal training budget
- Fine home office equipped with all necessities
- Unique workplace with a view over the IJ and the city
- Bicycle allowance or reimbursement of public transport costs
Jobs in the picture
Would you like to know what it's like to work as an account manager, project manager, inspector, traffic controller, policy officer or department head? Discover how our colleagues experience working at Port of Amsterdam.
The way we work at Port of Amsterdam
- Every Port of Amsterdam employee meets our core values: respect, together, driven and responsible. This is how we build a culture in which everyone comes into their own.
- We go for results. We are flexible within our business framework, so that we enjoy working towards a clear goal.
- We stimulate new forms of cooperation and innovation. For example, every potential employee takes an Agile test as part of the application process.
- We want to be a reflection of society. With employees of all ages, educational levels and backgrounds. We also offer work experience places for people with a distance to the labour market.
Are you enthusiastic?
Apply directly to one of our vacancies via the Spielwork site. Your application will automatically reach the right contact person.
Applying in corona time
The Port of Amsterdam follows the rules and guidelines of the RIVM regarding the coronavirus. This means that our colleagues work at home as much as possible.