The Deputy Director of the Public Body Central Nautical Management, who is also the Deputy (State) Harbour Master, announces the following:
In the period from 23 April to approximately 30 October 2019, contractor SPIE has been commissioned by Rijkswaterstaat (Directorate-General for Public Works and Water Management) to carry out salvage operations of approximately 25 obstacles and car wrecks in the North Sea Canal, including the Zuiderbinnentoeleidingskanaal (the Inner Approach Channel to the South Lock), Rijksbinnenhaven No.1, Rijksbinnenhaven No.2, Side Canal C, and Side Canal D.
The salvage operations mentioned above will be carried out by
- crane ship Sam-Sam, which will be using spud poles to precisely locate itself on the river bed;
- The salvage operations will take place during the day between 07.00 and 18.00 hours LT;
- In case of fog (visibility less than1000m) no work will be carried out;
- During these activities, ships are requested to pass the Sam Sam-Sam at a reduced speed and to refrain from causing hindrance through wash or waves;
- Before the start of and during the salvage operations itself, Sam-Sam will keep a listening watch on the relevant VHF sector channels.
- During the salvage operations, on-site traffic control will be provided by a qualified VTS operator on board mv ‘Zwarte Gans’,
- The on-site VTS operator will keep in touch with the VTS operators of the relevant VHF Sector.
The period required for carrying out the salvage operations will be as short a possible or as long as necessary.
Should you have any questions about this Announcement, please contact the Duty Operations Manager at the following telephone number: +31 205 234 692.
The deputy Director of the Public Body Central Nautical Management, who is also the deputy (State) Harbour Master